Welcome to the Polymer Degradation Discussion Group
Malta conference information will be posted here shortly ...
The PDDG meets every second year, to encourage open and unscripted discussion of all aspects of ageing, degradation and stabilisation of polymers, in an informal atmosphere, and to give younger researchers the opportunity to meet and discuss their work. One of the main objectives of the group is to promote awareness and keep pace with new developments within this specialised area.
The conference covers different aspects of degradation, stabilisation, modification and advanced applications of polymers including, but not limited to, thermoplastics, nanocomposites, rubbers, adhesives, foams, coatings, fibres, textiles. The topics covered include a wide range of polymer materials and applications. We welcome in particular papers on the following topics:
- Polymer ageing and compatibility studies
- Stabilisation strategies for different applications
- Polymer modification and performance
- Thermal-, photo-, hydrolytic- and bio- degradation
- Environmental degradation and issues
- Nanocomposite technology
- Modelling at the material, multi-material and system level for insights into ageing, performance and life assessment
- Sensor/detection techniques and analysis
- Foamed materials research and development
Latest Malta Conference details will appear here shortly ...
Professor Sahar Al-Malaika
Polymer Processing & Performance, PPP, Research Unit,
School of Engineering & Applied Science, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Dr. Mogon Patel
AWE plc, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4PR
Professor N.S. Allen